Saturday, June 24, 2006

As I struggled to think of the title of for this long due entry, my mind is flooded with the events that occurred this month. There was a wedding, there was a death, there was happiness, sadness and the TV is perpatually stuck at channel 27 (WC Premium) now.

The World Cup began. The game that unites the world. The game that stopped a war temporarily. 11 men per team. 90mins of play. Its addicitive.

I married a girlfriend off. A a true blue Teochew, we were all up at 3am, ready to negotiate a good price for the lovely bride. At 5am, she was in the hands of her husband. Ready to take on the world together. As the bridesmaid help with the entire processions for the day, we made friends and had out own fun together with the best men. It also dawn upon me that I really don;t want a traditional clad wedding. Too much work. Too much customs that I dont comprehend!
But as I finally watch her walk down the aisle towards the Justice of Peace, my lips quivered and tears flowed uncontrollably down my cheeks. My Lynn is getting married!!!!

With every celebration of life, there is a death. One of my former teacher passed away Tuesday morning. After struggling with cancer for the past few years, she finally succumb to it and left to the kingdom of the lord. As I sat at the wake reminisicing old times with friends I havent seen in many years, we remembered her and thanked her for her dedication in our hearts. I also notice that although her family was sadden by her passing, they also showed signs of relieve and thankful that she no longer needed to suffer the pain. That she finally was able to let go and move on. It dawned upon me that death is not neccessarily the be all and end all of things. Death although inevitable, can be a good thing sometimes. And death, can be a celebration of life as well. Thank you Ms Peh. I am really sorry I didn't make the effort to see you for the last time before you go.

No comments: