Friday, September 16, 2005

My Firsts

I haven't updated my blog in a long time. But the past month or so has been rather exciting. I had quite a few first in the past month. No, nothing sexual or kinky.

I celebrated my 23rd birthday on 1st September and for the FIRST time, I had 3 cakes! My sweet sweet Blacks threw a last min suprise party for me with Jess and Audrey which was not to be. He ain't that good at lying and I blew his cover. But nonetheless, it was my FIRST suprise party. I had my favourite mango cake and a new phone! W800I!!!!! My FIRST Sony Ericsson phone.
Subsequently, I had a fresh fruits cake from my family and friends. My sister bought me lunch at Kuishin-Bo and very generously invited mum, Mrs Skipp, Aunt Mary, Blacks, Jess and MC. So many people. And at the very same day, my boss bought me a chocolate cake. Thanks everyone!

Jess came back from Scotland. She is gonna pursue her PhD programme soon in Oxford and wanted to take a holiday and do her visa. So good to see her. My bestest best friend. Since when we were 15. 8 years already. Blacks asked me the other day what makes Jess my best friend. I had an immediate answer.
' Jess's my best friend because I know no matter what I can always count on her. Even though we may me miles and miles apart and caught up with our own lives and don't keep in touch as often as we used to, but I know if I ever need help one day or if she ever needs help one day, no matter how busy we are, no matter where we are, we will be there for each other. Be it physically or emotionally'.
Of course, that applies to Audrey and Huiru too. Love ya girls!
Although I made quite a general birthday wish this year. I made a few resolutions for the start of my 23rd birthday.
1. I am sticking to a low carb diet.
2. I am gonna do everything and anything to make my face ok.
3. And most importantly, I am stepping out of my comfort zone and take more risk and have more experience.
My third resolution is my drive for this year. And so far I have done a couple of exciting things. Besides from trying and still trying to be a flight stewardess.....September 3rd, I was number 1821 stepping up on stage, auditioning for a slot to be part of 名星偶像。Although I didn't make it. At least I am proud to say that I have done that, instead of regretting that I didn't even try.
However, I am taking still firmly grounded on reality. I am Blacks is worried that I get caught up with the idealistic world but I just want to declare here and promise that I won't. I know what I should be doing at a certain time. And although the journey hasn't been easy for me, I am gonna try and promise I'll emerge as a stronger person.

No comments: