Monday, January 15, 2007

Sony Ericsson vs. Nokia



In 2 months, I have changed from a Nokia 7390 (in Glamourous Pink) to Sony Ericsson k800i (in Cool Jet Black).

Why you may ask? Maybe I'm just being stupid, wasting all that money? Maybe I just really rich?

None of the above, I got forced into it.

If Nokia would make their interface better, I wouldnt have needed to change my phone. Sure, it is user friendly but that is not even a competitive edge anymore. All phones come with a short-cut button to the menu and usually it takes 3 steps or less to get to your desire function. Plus, some phones even have better short-cut buttons.

And please, stop flaunting the Symbian technology, 2 years ago, the Nokia salesman (xiao peng) sold me the Nokia 7610 boasting of the new Symbian Technology. Until today, it is still the Symbian Technology. What's so great about the SYMBIAN technology?

The Camera. Both K800i and 7390 boast a 3 megapixel camera, but unfortunately the screen resolution for k800i is so much more superior that it makes pictures just look nicer naturally, besides it takes at least 3 seconds or so to take a photo on the Nokia. Listen Hard, its KODAK MOMENTS...not KODAK MINTUES.

But well, what can I say. I got suckered into the colour. Glamourous Pink was really quite captivating and it really fits the feminine image. Besides I've always wanted a flip phone. But after a month of it, I find the cuticles on my right thumb is total severed and the flesh near the cuticle is actually slight bruise due to sliding my thumb in between the flaps to open the phone.

Lesson Learnt.

No comments: