Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Making Babies


Making babies, having children, starting a family.
Is that a marriage is really all about?
In the short span of time I have been back, Ive attended 2 month-old-birthday parties for my niece and nephew and saw my cousin with her almost exploding belly and just received news that my colleague is 3 months pregnant. And on top of that, Ive also talked to a colleague who just got married and is trying REALLY REALLY hard for a baby.
I can't help but think, is having a baby the be all and end all of a relationship? Maybe I am just abnormal for not wanting to have children. But I won't deny it, seeing people 'popping' babies makes me wonder if I should go with the flow as well.
Obviously I am not lousy with children and I don't dislike them either. On the contrary, I am comfortable with children and I do like them. I miss my kids from Ashurst so much and I wish if I ever have kids, they can be like my first-graders.
No, I shan't rush myself. Sorry Mr Blackie, but you shall just have to wait patiently.

No comments: