Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blaecks + 1 : Parenthood Week 1

We past the first week of parenthood! *clap clap*

I want so much to say this next "In the past week, we laughed, we cried, we had ups and we had downs" but in all honesty, it has been mostly ups, mostly laughs and all too surreal still. Well at least for me.

Blacks says he wonders what goes through the grandparent's mind when they stare at Baby Boy and smile. I said Im not sure, but I'm at the point when I look at Baby Boy, I still find it all to surreal. I can't believe that we made him, I carried him for 9 months, I was in labour for 12 hours and we have had him in our lives, almost not being able to remember what was it like before he came. On a Sunday afternoon, what would the Blaecks be doing without Baby Boy? Seems as though someone turned the program button in us overnight such that our schedule automatically wrapped itself around the feeding schedule of Baby Boy. Oh yeah, not forgetting the "pumping" schedule of Mummy Eck.

This week, 2 long time family friends came to visit and Ang Moh said to me "I can't believe the little shit is a mum." Ditto to that. I can't believe it myself. I think many people can't believe it either....

Well, a week down and a lifetime more to come. But kudos to the Blaecks for surviving the first week...!

No comments: