Thursday, January 13, 2005

2005

Oh dear, my last entry is 29th December 2004. So much has happen since then and I havent checked in.

Anyway for those who know, blackie is currently in Medan helping out with the relief efforts for the tsunami crisis. I have pretty mixed feelings about this tsunami thing. Yes, I think its such a tragic catastrophe to happen. So much lives lost. So many lost their families and friends. Livelihoods lost. I was watching news and they mention something I totally agree. A Generation Lost. I admire the survivors for having the will and the strength to now pick up the pieces and move on. Oh the other hand, it is only through such a tragedy that unites the world. Isn't it an irony? It takes a catastrophe to unite the world. Although I have only volunteered for a day as a telephone operator for the tsunami crisis, I am heartened by the amount of people who have come forward to lend a hand. Some, literally drop everything in their hands to help out. For the religious ones out there, is this God's way of uniting the world? Issit also God's way to control the world's population? To some extent, I think so. Although watching interviews of people who have lost their families, fathers crying for they cant save their children, mothers crying for they survive and their children didn't and children crying for they are now ophans, it just breaks my heart. If its really God's doing, it is cruel.

I would write more but its 1.15am and I need to sleep. Waking up early.....til I write again.

Cherish those around you.


No comments: