Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The darkest period.

Dear Guan-Yin-Ma (Goddess of Mercy),

Have you been busy lately and forgotten about me? Or have I not prayed to you much lately? In the past couple of days, I have been having a lousy run of luck. In my 23 years of life you have given me, I have never had such bad luck as I have yesterday. And it seems like it is not going away.

12th December 2005

7.50am - Woke up feeling a little Monday blue as usual. The weekend flies by so quickly. But I brace myself for the day ahead and look forward to a new day. I did my usual morning routine, only to find out that my hair is so curly. I use my flat iron for 5 mins, only to realise that the plug has gone loose and the power was switched off. I plugged it back and waited for it to heat up again. But bad hair day. My hair just couldn't be straight yesterday.

8.02am - Where is my Ezlink card? Where is the bag that I have my Ezlink in? The beginning of the run, my mother took a bag she hardly use, didn't empty the existing contents and went out, bringing along, my trustworthy Ezlink card. I woke my sister, wanting to get her to drive me to work, only to realise, when she woke, that the car wasn't even around. Mum took the car and forgot her phone. No way to reach her.

8.20am - Missed my bus. Waited another 10 mins for the next one which brought me to work at 9.15am. Bad start to the day.....

9.20am - Took a deep breath and began working. Rushed an almost impossible deadline for my client. Also realised that one of the vendors gave me the wrong thing. Oh well, its work. Shit Happens.

12.30pm - So Hungry. Need food. Need lunch. My colleagues and I decided to try this place we hardly go. The coffeeshop was crowded but we still sat down and order. After waiting for 30mins, only 1 out of 7 plates of food arrive. 45mins later, everyone's came. Except mine. The auntie forgot about me. I was fuming. Hungry & ANGRY. To make things worse, the auntie used her oily hands to pat my back in attempts to calm me down!

4.00pm - My best friend is coming home this evening. Would really like to go pick her up. I ask to borrow the car. I msged her and asked, but reminded her that if she needs to use the car or if its troublesome its alright. She told me ok, but then 'slap' me with a bunch of terms and conditions as to what time I need the car. Whether can I wait til 830. What time I can drop off the car for her so that she can drive home after the late night movie. In some ways, I am very disappointed because I would like to for once use the car, for once use the car with the electronic key with the remote alarm. I rather you tell me 'No, I need the car'. Then to tell me ok but give me so much constraints. Yes, I totally understand the nature for which the car was bought. Yes, I know that I kinda have my own car. But it seems like from the day she passed her test and got her licence. Its no longer our car. I feel guilty as I am saying this for I love her so very much. Yet, I cant escape the frustration that I feel sometimes, especially days like yesterday. Before your licence you used to take public transport, why does it seems like you no longer can stand taking public transport now? Am I being unreasonable?

6.00pm - I was excited and ready to leave work. Anxious to see my best friend who's going through a rut herself. Beep. I got a message to inform me that I can only take the vehicle at 7.15pm. Forget it. By the time I wait for the car and stuff, i would only be able to meet my best friend at 9pm. Im just gonna take a bus.

7.40pm - Finally arrived at my best friend's place. She's lost so much weight, she getting 2-D. We trottled to Blk 85 in hopes of getting a sumptious meal but instead, we got re-grilled chicken wings and re-fried oyster omelette and the girls ate bland pork mince noodles. Nonetheless, the company was priceless.

1.00am - 12th December has finally ended. I prayed for the end of my bad luck. Sleeping in the arms of my lover sure made things a whole lot better.

13th December 2005

7.40am - I woke up to a dark gloomy day which started raining after I stepped out of the shower. I phoned my mother who said she'll come back and fetch me to work. So I took my time to get ready. When she came home, she ask if I could go to work late. She was going with her friends to a place near my work place at around 9ish and was picking her friends up at 845am. Mum, I don't own the company. I wish I do but I don't. If I can don't turn up for work at all i would, but I can't. I need to earn a living. Why does everyone has to make me feel like I'm second priority?

8.15am - In my rush to catch the bus, I left my shawl at home and dropped my umbrella cover along the way to the bus stop.

8.45am - Freezing in the bus. Wondering what have I done to deserve these.....

Guan-Yin-Ma, I know I am not exactly an angel. But I haven't done anything that have caused much harm to people. Please watch over me ok? I'm not too sure how much I can take.

Thank you.

Regards,
Me.

No comments: