Saturday, March 03, 2007

Their will to live


I've been wanting to blog this for a while but kept forgetting. So now since I am waiting for the biggest game in this season's EPL, Man U versus Liverpool, I shall take some time to blog.
16th Feb 07
I was exhausted from 1 full week of activities. This day, I woke up at 5.00am only to reach work at 6.00am to oversee a setup for the teambuilding activity. I got home around 3.00pm, exhausted like hell and fell asleep. About 6-ish, I woke up, got out of my room and realise that noone was home. As I walked into the living room, I cant help but hear kitten wailing outside.
You know sometimes you just have the gut feeling that something is wrong? Well, I felt that. I went to the balcony and couldn't help but feel that I need to find this kittens. So I ran out of my house and followed the wails.
There they were, 1 was stuck on a thorny hedge while the other had fallen into the drain, half submerged. Quickly running back into the house and take a container, lined it with a rag and ran out again. When I got there the 2nd time, I realise the kitten in the drain was no longer wailing. My heart stopped. But I quickly took the kitten caught in the hedge out first. I didn't dare to pick the kitten in the drain because I feared it was already dead. But when I was about to leave, I learn a soft wail.
I saved 2 kittens. Handed them over SPCA.
To little thorny and little braveheart. I hope you guys are alright

No comments: