Thursday, October 11, 2007

You know how sometimes you have a good day...and you have a GOOD day. Well, I had a really GREAT day. Its probably the best day I have had since I came to US. I mean, sure 99% of the days here are great, Blacks and I have fun, we go out, we laugh, but today was different. It was a FEEL GOOD day.

I made the bed this morning and it looked great. The blankets were folded proportionately and the pillows were stacked perfectly. Sure, you might say that this is such a AUNTIE feel good day. But it was a great start to the day for me.

Then I went to the gym, and probably this was the part of the day I felt the least good but well, I cross train for 15 mins and spend the next 45 mins reading cosmopolitan while pretending I was cycling! So I didn't burn 500 calories, but I did learn that to draw a pair of great eyebrows, always brush, draw then brush again. So that it looks natural. Good intell....

Afterwards, I attended my much dreaded IOWC luncheon where I needed to give a short presentation about Singapore for about 100 military wives. I wasn't confident about the presentation and just wanted to make everything short and sweet and get it over and done with. But to my most plesant surprise, many thought my presentation was fantastic! 1 middle age Korean lady even came up to me afterwards, complemented me on my great job and told me this; 'I have attended these luncheons for many years now, and this is the first time I see the whole room shut up and pay attention. You really captured everyone's attention. I can tell, you will be a great success next time.' Wow, I never thought I would receive such great complements but it really touched my heart.

Feeling sky high, I followed Mari to the Elementary school on base seeking for some volunteer work to do. I met with Ms Waters, the art teacher who was thrilled to have an additional help and I am in. Starting tomorrow, I will be helping out at the art class!

And to top it all off, I bought Clinique's facial bar soap WITH dish for only $10 at PX!!!

Its only 2.30pm and already this has been one of the best days. Now I just want my blackie home and I am trying out a Southwestern Pork Soup tonight with soem Corn Salad....

I cant wait.

No comments: