Thursday, February 07, 2008

I had another weird weird dream and not even sure where it came from (if dreams are a collection of memories).

It was about another period in time...I was a Pan-asian man and was held prisoner due to a war that was going on. I was held in the same cell block with a black man and we became friends. In comes a new 'prison warden' for our cell block, he was a major in the army and a mean mean man. He said things in the prison has changed, everything will be segregated by race. He summon all the inmates out of the cells and on to the quadrangle (the cells were lined in a U-shape and it was a multi people cell). Guards surrounded the prisoners and were hitting the the prisoners with the back of their rifle (old ones with wooden trimmings kind) to get them to squeeze together. Suddenly, a fight broke out between a guard and myself and it spreaded to the my black friend. Somehow, we won all the guards including the major and took away all their guns. We made everyone go back into their cell and the gaurds to go back in with them. Then somehow, a shooting broke out. I turned into some martial arts expert being able to dodge the bullets and killed all the guards including the major.

It was my cell block now. In order not to stir any suspicion, I told the prisoners to let me pretend to be the major and check things out and my black friend to stay behind to watch over matters.

I dawned on the dead man's uniform and walked out of the cell block into the army camp that was busy dealing with the war. Noone noticed me and I tried to keep my head down, those whom I outranked even saluted me!

This pretence went on for quite a while, during which I had secretly helped some of the prisoners to escape and some others became 'guards'. One day, a Lieutanent Colonel (Anthony Hopkins) came to my cell block and requested to meet the Major. When I introduced myself to be the Major, he had a puzzled look on his face but shaked it off. By this time, I had already familiarise myself with the workings of the army and was able to make smart conversations with the LC. Months went by and the LC and I became close. He started to get me more involve wiht his work, training of soldiers.

One day after a training session, the LC causually mentioned that he was surprise the first time to see me at the cell block, or on camp for that matter. When I inquired why, he said that the camp was actually a white caucasian camp. Even other officers of other race couldnt step foot into it. I gave an awkward smile and answered that it was probably because the army took into account my white cauasian side of my family.

The same evening, the LC summoned me into his barracks/office. I walked into a dark room and as I got to the middle of the room, i felt the barrel of a gun at the back of my head. Then the voice of LC said that he has discovered my secret and was gonna kill me. We had a struggle and he was killed in the midst. I took the gun and put it in his hand as he laid, smeared my blood on him and left behind my uniform like he has killed the major. The siren rang as I escape through his window.

Then somehow, as I ran. The night became day almost immediately. The buildings got old and the grass grew to be really tall. I was a prisoner again, meeting my good black friend once more. He was playing basket with a hoop that was mounted at the side of a building 10 storeys high. He handed me the ball and said only few has scored. I took the ball and turned my back to the hoop. With all my strength I threw the ball over my shoulder, it hit the hoop but didn;t go in but as it rebound a bird caught it in the air and fly away with it.

I was E-ying again and I saw my father sitting on the grass a few feet away. I walked towards him and asked how he liked the movie. He said it was good but he didn't understand Jodie Foster's character. I told him I didn't even know Jodie Foster was in the movie. 3 dogs appeared, one was Vicki and the other 2 I didn't recognise. I started to run with the dogs.

Weird huh.

No comments: