Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My journey in America has come to an end.



As I looked back in the past 8 months of my life, I feel a sense of inner peace while tears well up my eyes. This is has not only been a growing experience for my relationship with Xiaohei but also an personal trip for me. It may be cliche to say but this 8 months has allowed me to grow and mature. It has allowed me to take on so many roles. I was still a daughter to my parents, a sister to my siblings , a friend to my buddies, and a wife to my husband. But I was a assistant to Mrs Vernon and a teacher/big sister/playmate/friend/problem solver to a class of 6 year olds. 7 year old some of them will rightfully correct me. I have been telling myself how much I want to take time out to volunteer, to give something back to the society. And now after a good 6-7 years of just telling myself, I finally did it. I feel so good inside, so satisfied that I almost feel selfish. All this 'giving back' is actually serving myself?

My heart ached when I walked into Room 8 of Ashurst Elementary School for the last time. My mornings will no longer if filled with getting Gabriel and Armon on reading counts followed by helping Ethan, Shawn, Levi and Allani with the spelling of their words, running around with Mackenzie, James and Matthew during snack break, putting up Jaquez's coat on the hanger after snack break, lunches with Mrs Vernon, waving off Daniel and Doan from Shelby as she tries to finish her morning work and swaying myself from side to side so I can get Emma, Mackenzie Faith and my sweet little Gracie off my shoulders and leg. They call themselves my magic shoes.

But most of all, I missed waking up next to the man of my life. Snuggling up to him when it was cold, nudging him him when he stops breathing in his sleep, and kissing him when we both woke up. I just miss him. I miss our home. There is always something to eat, its clean and neat and although it may not be much but its so cosy. It was OUR FIRST HOME. And I miss it so much. I miss him so much.

Never have I thought I will find a person whose my heart actually beats for.

No comments: