Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My first week back

This is marks the beginning of me returning back to a state of locality. No longer am I considered a foreigner to the country. Nor as an International Wife.

Do I miss it? Honestly, no. Neither the weather nor the food has made me glad to be back home. Well, it doesn't mean that I loathe to be back, I just have no particular excitement. This time, its so different from when I used to return from Perth. I remember I used to get all excited over coming home. The moment I touched down, I rushed to have my favourite Hokkien Mee (which I havent done til yet), order just about everything when I go to 85 and call everyone I know to announce my return. Oh, and I make it a point to never repeat the same food for 2 weeks.

This time, my face melted as I walked out of the airport, I regretted taking a walk along Orchard Road on a Saturday afternoon and I have taken fishball noodles 3 days in a row! What's different this time? It can't just be the fact that Xiaohei is not here with me. Sure I miss him and all, but my entire support group is here. So what's different?

Oh well, this is home afterall. I missed having my friends around. Laughing and having a great time with Audrey while we reminisence on the past, going for dinner and drinks with the rest of the girls and chatting with my sister. So when Xiaohei comes back, everything should go back to normal.

But right now, I am getting anxious about starting work. Worried that I am not capable enough to live up to the workload. Friends tell me I am thinking too much but I just want to be sure I will make it this time. "Old virgin" is what LadyiPod calls me...I am a virgin going back to an old place to get screwed. Ha! Its funny just reading it.

No comments: