Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Friendships and Relationships

Isn't friendships an absolutely marvellous thing to have? Good friends are always there for you. Girlfriends always know what you are thinking and are fantastic shopping pals. I'm not one who knows a lot of people and have many friends. But the small social network I have is one that I treasure. Having the most immediate circle consisting of Jessie, Huiru and Audrey. 4 of us are really different yet somehow we are such good friends and have been so for the last 7 years. Jessie is the nonsense one who has brain the size of whatever and whoever that has a big brain. She is the one I go to to have no holds barred conversation. Huiru is the one you'll go to for help with ur arts stuff. She is the well read one whose GP is pretty good. And Audrey is the one I go to for serious advice. She subtlely gives you open ended advice that makes you think and ponder. I dunno what role I play for them but I wonder how can 4 such different people come together and been friends for the past 7 years? To the girls who are reading this, I love each of you to death and will always be there for you as you guys have been there for me.

People who know me well will tell you that I am happier as a couple. Maybe thats why since I started dating, I havent been single for longer than 6 months. I love being an "us". Especially now with MY Captain Tay. But what defines a good relationship? Do you seek happiness or as my da-jie say hopes that the partners helps you to be a better person? In the past month, I have come across a friend who is going to be a father, a friend who is "in like" with a guy and an accquaintance who is in an abusive relationship. I hope at whatever stage of a relationship you are, you are happy. Truly happy.

Here I want to thank Xiaohei. For you are one who accepts all my flaws, love me unconditionally, takes great care of me and you have become my best friend. Muacks. I love you.

No comments: