Friday, July 29, 2005

ROASTED.

Damnit! I typed a whole lotta stuff yesterday and it didn't publish!!!!! I now have to do everything again.

I am roasted. Just like a suckling pig. Yesterday, I went suntanning with my sister and Sheena at Tanjong Beach. It was all good until about few hours later I could feel my legs burning and I was looking for shade. The other 2 crazies was still sitting under the sun directly. But I am burnt. My right leg especially. Even bending my knees feels kinda funky.

Hmm,....about funky. Blackies is banning my for saying funky cos he says he doesnt know what it means. I have been saying that often I admit. The soup taste funky. I am having a funky sensation on my knees. The drink has a funky aftertaste. And when I tried to explain what funky is to him. I only managed to say 'its like.....funky lo'. No help. I know.

My poppy (daddy) turned 56 yesterday. We all went out for seafood. Echiing and I already looked like 2 lobsters. Jumbo seafood at indoor stadium. We had wanted to go to our favourite Eng Seng, well, we called in to order crabs but we forgot you can order crabs but you still need to queue for seats and man there was this gignormous queue. So anyway, the seafood was as fresh as our burns but the portions were pretty sad.

My week went surprisingly fast.

Saturday, Blacks and I got into this horrible fight which i can't even remember how it transpire to become so huge. But nonetheless it did and I walked away so I could give him some personal space. Which I did literally, walk away. From Orchard to Plaza Sing to Bugis to Lavendar to Kallang down Mountbatten Road to Old Airport Road and Crescent Road to home. 2 hours plus it took me. The walk made 2 big blisters on my foot but it cleared my head and made me so tired that I couldn't think of anything else. Im glad we are over that.

Sunday was much better, we went off to see his father who is in the hospital for high fever, low BP and internal infection. His colour returned to his face and he even chatted. We then had dinner before returning home, regretful that we spoilt our own Saturday.

Monday and Tuesday I was the designated driver for Blacks who needed me to send him and fetch him to and from work because of his work schedule. It was a little tiring but I enjoyed the company.

Wednesay I met up with my gal, Dreyno for the day. We spent the entire day at queenways looking for formal yet funky, black yet not dullish black and reasonable priced shoes. Of course, we didnt managed to find one that fitted all 3 criteria. So then we trottled off to Ikea who was having sale. She saw a shelf she wanted to buy so we approached the sales guy when we couldnt find it. He asked if we wanted delivery. I drove that day so we shook our heads and said no need cos we drove. The yound sales person ask if we were driving a van. I said no, a car. And he politely reminded me that it wouldn't fit because the shelf is 2 m in height. I then also politely reminded him that my backseats can be folded down. He shooked his head and told me it still wouldnt fit but we can try if we want and if it really dosnt fit, just bring it back up and get a refund. We laughed and went off to collect the shelf. While waiting I saw another shelving unit that was 1.71m, I looked at that and then audrey and told her 'babe, I don't think it will fit'. We both started laughing at our own stupidity. Of course, we didn't end up picking the shelf. Backseats can fold down. Yeah right. So what?

No comments: