Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 5: Mitsui Outlet Park + Shinjuku

Food No. 20: Ebi Soba + Inari, Yasai Tempura Soba + Onigiri

Ahh hot breakfast, it was delish. Except that I couldnt slurp the noodles due to my stupid cough. My inari was nice with sesame in the rice. Yumss..

It was suppose to be suppose day yesterday but the outlet was disappointing. Not that it had nothing to buy but it wasnt exactly outlet prices and the clothes were all made for winter. So my takings for the day were only a Columbia vest, a hat and 4 LL sized stockings.

Look how nice my Columbia vest it. I wore it immediately (of course, as per my nature). And immediately I felt a rush of warmess. I LOVE it....

Food No. 21: Tuna Pasta with Chocolate cake

We took a break during lunch time at the outlet mall. Not hungry but after seeing everyone eat the pasta around us, we (or I) wanted one too. "Seems like very nice, everyone is having it", I said. Only to realise its because the cafe only serves pasta.

Our waiter hardly spoke English so through some hand gesturing, we order. But when 3 drinks came for us, we reckon we must have a miscomm somewhere.

Pasta was alright. Im not a fan of cooked tuna bu its ok. Still looking for better pasta in Japan.

By the time we were done, it was around 4.30 and we took a ride to Shinjuku. My god, the train ride took 1.5 hours but maybe because we were on a holiday that we didnt realise it at all. Train this evening was not that crowded, after experience the literal pack like sardines that evening where I was almost lifted off my feet. Nothing faced me anymore. We have learnt to follow behind a Japanaese Ojisan who will OPEN a path for us.

Food No. 22: BBQ Meats

We went back to Shinjuku for dinner cos we having seem the place at night. It was like Neon Lights Festival. I wanted Shabu Shabu for dinner and Hei wanted to BBQ - so the first restaurant we saw was a BBQ restaurent and we went. Embedded in the table was small BBQ set. Again through hand gesturing, we order a set of beef, pork, veggies and what i think are hokkaido crab legs.

The crab legs were yummmmm. At first we didnt know how to BBQ it since it was already cooked so we "heated" its up only but realise the flesh inside was still cold. So Hei said to put until the shell got blacked and after that, it was trule yummmmssss.

After dinner, we walked around a little and saw all the young trying to make it gangsters....hair long like Feng Yun and wear only like 1 button shirt and 1 jacket, freezing their ass off. Hei got approached by 1 african man for "Wanna try strip club?" - and we know we have wandered too deep into the alley. heheh.

Food No. 23: Cheese Pancake.

I forgot to take a picture. But it was too thick for my liking.

Food No. 24: Takopachi

They only sell in balls of 8!!! And these are like half size bigger than those in Singapore....I only managed 2....was so full...Hei had the rest.

"Super Nihon" Rating for the day: 7/10 - My Columbia Vest Rulllezzz but Im coughing my lungs out.

No comments: