Sunday, August 12, 2007



I didn't believe how outraged i was when I watched this so-called documentary. Why oh why oh why is a Singapore thing such a big thing for the world? As a Singaporean myself, I used to love chewing gum too. And when they banned it, I was upset but today, it doesnt bother me anymore and I see the benefits behind it.

How come something that (mebbe to me) is so trival led to this film maker saying things like 'taking away rights', 'oppressed citizens'. When you 'critize' others, do you not look at your own reflection in the mirror? It's really so much easier to pass judgement?

If you are a Singaporean like me, I'm sure you have a lot of 'complaints' about our Singapore government and have heard many many more 'complaints' from others (taxi drivers for one...hee) but I really don;t think its a bad place to live. Sure its expensive...and stifling at times. But its safe, its clean and the economy is relative resilient. Is it that bad?

I dunno...maybe Im just ignorant...maybe Im just a patriot.

No comments: