Sunday, August 07, 2005

Happy National Day

9th August 2005. Singapore celebrates her 40th birthday. But is there anything significant to celebrate about? Obviously I won't be doing any celebrating. Blacks and I bid for NDP tickets online and we didn't get zilch. And I thought some sorta priviledge would accompany a SAF officer.

My beloved sister, E-lin, called me this evening and we spent most of the 20 mins conversation talking about Harry Potter. I read JK Rowling's website and a little about how she came up with the idea of Harry Potter but I really don't think she ever thought that her little wizard will cause an impact of such magnitude on the world. I can't seem to put the book down and I even dream about it! What I would give to be a witch. These days, with television beautifying all things that were used to be associated with evil. Being witches is such a cool thing.

Blacks and I caught 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' yesterday night. We went to Plaza Singapura and some promotional executive idiot has decided to place a mannequin in a red cheong sum and red veil in front of the gigantic poster of the new movie 'The maid'. It was so not funny when I turned and freaked out in public. So anyway, the movie was great, very entertaining.

As you can probably tell, I don't have a lot of inspiration for my blog tonight. Thoughts are flying everywhere but I am gonna try a National Day poem;

August 9th is National Day
I am Singaporean I'm so proud to say
Dances and songs and fireworks
And goodie bags with all the perks
For those at home on Tuesday night
Will celebrate with family and friends with might
Blacks and I will probably do
What you and her and him will too
Wake late, and laze and eat and laze
The day will go by in a daze
The Thursday will come and we will groan
In the passing of Wednesday we will moan
For back to work will my blacks blacks go
And hope the weekend won't come slow!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!

No comments: