Monday, August 22, 2005

Nothing-ness

I struggled to find the appropriate title for my entry this week, but nothing seems to come to mind.

Last week was quite eventful, following my rejection from Emirates on Monday. I went down to PICO to visit Alf who had called me the day before asking if I would like to work with him for the 2nd Nokia's Mobile Applications Summit in Taipei this time. I was happy not just because I would be able to go to Taipei should I do this, but more because I think I must have done something good for him to recall me back. So, I trottled off to a meeting with CMC (Nokia's contact person), Alf and Diaz for MAS 2005. I felt even more relieve when CMC was glad to see me during the meeting. But well, better not be too happy. Im not too sure what my role is. Its been almost a week since the meeting and I havent heard from them.

Stephanie and I decided to try out for Silkair on Thursday. I went along wanting to gain more interview experience and decided this time, I was gonna be more professional about it. So I wore my psuedo business wear, brown stripey pants with a black round-tee with my hair in a bun, high and neat and my make up a little thicker to cover almost everything up. Lo' and behold, I walked into the interview room with 7 other girls, only to come with being almost the only one confident that I got through. And so I did, together with Stephanie and 2 other girls. Wow.

Thursday night, I trottled off to meet Audrey for dinner. And because my doggies came home about a hour late, I was an hour late meeting her. We strolled around Orchard looking for something to eat only to realise that we both have Kenny Roger's craving. Zooting off to Suntec in a bus, I threw my diet out the window and enjoy a big plate of Macaroni and Cheese.

But it was a good weekend, particularly Sunday. Saturday was spent mostly waiting for Blackie cos he had an army recall or whatever they call it. He left at 3 and din come back til about 7ish and by then was too tired to anything except dinner and met his friends for some late night Jalan Kayu Roti Prata. But Sunday was magnificent. Sure, it rained just about the whole day and made both of us really lethargic and sleepy, but we managed to go to Orchard for me to spend my $150 Taka voucher on a swimming costume (BLAARDY $60 FOR THE SILKAIR INTERVIEW) and some much needed concealer. Then, his mother cooked dinner which was delish! Curry Veggie, fried charsiew in some funky tasting delicious sauce, deep fried ikan billis and luncheon meat with nothing except crisp and oil. Again, throw my diet off the window!

Then we came home with a full belly, threw rose petals on the bed, lit some candles and made wild passionate love.

Yeah right, in my dreams.

No comments: